Monday, February 24, 2014

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

It’s Wednesday again – let’s see what there is to share.  If you want to read more, just click on the link on my sidebar.

1. Describe a typical Sunday in your childhood.

Sunday in my childhood meant chicken for dinner, and a trip to visit grandparents or cousins or both.

2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty?  Explain.

I really dislike uncertainty.  I like to know where I’m headed, when I’m going there, how it will all come together.  As a planner and organizer, I really do like to have all my ducks in a row.

3. What's something you've accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both.

Recently I finished a Christmas project, thought it was going to be cross-stitch, only to discover it was needlepoint when I got right down to reading the instructions after saving the magazines for several years.  After finishing the stitching, then there was assembly.  Really happy with how it turned out:

262.Christmas mantelpiece

4. Have you ever worked in a 'food place'. What did you take away from the experience?

I did a couple of stints waitressing in small restaurants while in high school.  I learned that I love fruit salad, and that dishes should never be dried because tea towels are dirtier than the air (still don’t dry dishes if I don’t have to! LOL).

5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why?  Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.

A few days ago, I decided to bake some cookies.  Not a hard thing to do, I’ve done it before, know what I’m doing – right!  Well, apparently not so right!  I was a real turkey – adding flour while the mixer was going (you should have seen the ‘snow’), dropping an egg in without cracking it open first (again while the mixer was running).  Not so sure what I was thinking, but it sure made for some mad scrambles!!!  Reminded me of baking days with my daughter.

  The cookies were good though!

6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?

My fondest with is to have my kids all home for Thanksgiving – hasn’t happened in a lot of years.

7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?

There are no ‘must-do’s’ on the list for today, and number of want-to-do’s like sew a couple of challenge quilt blocks, or put binding on a quilt, or make another Christmas ornament.  Then there’s ‘some day soon we should make a Costco run’ – that’s probably the one that will get done first.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

In many ways this has been a lazy week.  Not sure why, but I can’t seem to settle down to doing much of anything.  I pick up a book, put it down; pick up a sewing project, put it down; turn on the TV, wander away; head for the computer, forget why I went there and play some solitaire.  I tried to start a knitting project, discovered that I need to teach myself how to knit all over again, and then finally got going and discovered my needles are too small, so that all came out again.  Guess I need to find a purpose somewhere and then get a move on.  This all probably relates back to my need for certainty.  There are a few things a little uncertain right now – just need to wait out the time to see how it will all turn out.

Here’s to a happy Thanksgiving (US) season!     Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment