Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Artsy Fartsy

So today I feel accomplished! I cleaned the bathroom, cleaned out the fridge, did dishes, and cut up all the veggies and other stuff into bite sized pieces for snacks or just to have on hand chopped up ready to be thrown into a meal. After that I spent two hours reading a textbook on Addictions.

Amazing fact of the day, go figure it's from my textbook, "In Canada, nine out of ten violent crimes are committed under the influence of alcohol and/or other illegal drugs."(from Dying for a Drink, by Anderson Spickard Jr.,MC and Barbara R. Thompson) That just makes you think, wow what if no one did those things would violent crime rates drop to only that one out of ten that were not using a substance.

After I finished reading textbooks I took a break to paint, I found watercolors in a box I was unpacking and realized, I always paint in oil for the bold colors of acrylic for the definition, but what the heck, lets try watercolor! I'm not gonna post how that went, it looks like a two year old got a hold of the paints so instead I'll post so better paintings I've done.  hope you like them :)








So do not compare my art to the bellow awesomeness. lol. the following pictures are just a few I found either amusing or really liked :) 













I wish this wall was close by, how cool would that be! I heard in a German class I took that people out there do cool art on walls like this all the time, and I think that's just the coolest thing it would make life a bit more surreal. I think art is more emotive, it's like everything the person was feeling at that moment right there, in front of you, its profound in it's own way of being an expression. I love that about art, even though in that moment that your painting it means one thing to you and, then a year, or so late someone else sees it and it brings up different feelings for them. Just so cool, how were made with creative streaks in us :)

~ElysiaB

Comments are very Welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment