Monday, March 17, 2014

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

Another week has flown by and it’s time to join the party.  If you want to see what others have to say, just follow the link on my side-bar.

1. Today is my sister's birthday (yesterday actually). What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings, how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?

Well, I think I’m much like my siblings, and our parents, in that we all seem to drift toward job situations where we can function independently and/or be in a leadership/boss type of situation.  It’s interesting to watch, and as the oldest, I have the advantage of being able to see the rest of them from the vantage point of having ‘been there, done that’.

2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?

Hmmm….18!  That was so long ago, it’s hard to remember.  But I think I was very much a dreamer, and saw life through very rose-colored glasses.  Not that I’ve had a bad life, it’s actually been very good, and I look forward to a few years yet to dream some more!

3. Sculptor-dancer-actor-painter...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?

Dancer – I just love to ‘dance’ around the house to music, and so enjoy watching any type of dancing, and getting out on the dance floor myself, well that’s just a dream come true on the rare occasion it actually happens.   If you haven’t tried it before – line dancing is the perfect answer to the love of dance, when you don’t have a partner.

4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?

Talcum powder – new babies, takes me back to cuddling my wee ones, and makes me look forward to cuddling grandchildren someday!

5. November is for peanut butter lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month).  Are you a lover or a hater?  What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?

Isn’t that funny, just finished a ‘breakfast’ of PB&J.  And a couple of days ago, I made PB and banana cookies.  I am definitely a lover, and my favorite is actually and PB and banana sandwich.  Mmmmmm….must go out and get some more bananas.

6. What do people thank you personally for most often?

Good question, never really think about it.

7. What event this year are you most thankful for?

The early surgery date for Grizz – we thought we’d still be waiting for his total knee replacement, but it’s all done and he’ll be fully mobile in time for Christmas season.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Canada has been going through some rough times on the political scene.  Leaders in our country blatantly breaking the law and/or misusing public funds – and then seem to think that they should not have to answer for their actions.  They appear to think nobody should ever question them, hold them accountable, or sanction them in any way, stating it is undemocratic.  Any other person, whether in a public or private position, making a mistake or deliberately stepping outside of written or implied boundaries is automatically disciplined, even to the point of losing a job entirely, without recourse to courts or review panels.  Why should politicians be any different?  Should they not, even more than anybody else, act with complete honesty and integrity, to be an example for the people that they lead and represent?  This all makes me very sad.

Time to think happy thoughts!               Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment