Thursday, October 3, 2013

Continued

Than the surgeon came to talk to me about my gallbladder that was full of stones yet in his opinion it would be best for me to wait another four weeks to get an appointment with him for surgery to remove it later as the tests showed no inflammation of the gallbladder wall. Yet, he asked me what I wanted to do after a long speech of how it's be better to wait and that it shouldn't be removed. But after having so so so much morphine and none of it coming close to touching the pain I told him with a concerned yet determined voice that if it is indeed my choice I wanted it taken out that night. A few hours later I was wheeled in and out of surgery with one less part never to be seen or felt again.

For a long while my body as physically mourned the loss of the small blue organ yet as of today has healed right up. Four tiny scars are all that's left of a once poisoned organ. the cherry on top was that after making the ultimate descion which was nerve racking as I cannot take it back once it's gone. We found out that although the ultrasound showed a thin walled ( not inflammex$ gallbladder, it was indeed thick walled which did not show up on the ultrasound. Meaning that had I not demanded surgery it may have burst due to the surgeons decision to want me to wait.

However today is another story with a new adventure. Today I am in my third day of being in the hospital, as Friday afternoon I came back with blood In my urine, and stool as well as immense pain in my lower abdomen and back. Still tests are being run, blood being taken and a large hole where a lack of answers grows larger. I have staued up two nights in screaming pain with nothing to help explain whats wrong even. My dr. On the ward compared me to a new car that has nothing wrong with it and in the same breath said that I should see a psychiatrist which both hurt my pride as a patient going through extreme pain. This morning my surgeon and his Asian side kick came in to discuss the little pea like balls we found in my stool again and being certain he said that they are not gallstones or kidney stones and that he would order an MRI of my gallbladder region to be 100% sure... If you ask me he's covering his ass, while being very rude.

-ElysiaB

Ps more to come


No comments:

Post a Comment