Saturday, April 19, 2014

Almost a Finish

Not quite, but close enough to suit me.

Back in January, I committed along with Thea at California Dreamin’ to a start a month.  Thea called it New Beginnings and set up a linky party for any and all who would like to join in.  And I, personally, committed to a finish a month (not necessarily the finish of the one started, if that makes sense to anybody).

Well, life intervened around here, and all my plans got put on hold for a bit and then it took another bit before I got going again.

So my Jan Feb March start is the same now as it was back then:004

And my Jan Feb March finish (almost) is a quilt that I’d had sandwiched for quite some time, trying to decided first how I wanted to quilt it, and then getting up the courage to tackle it:

057

Wacky stars, echo-quilted with dark thread on top:

057

And shiny gold thread on the black flannel backing:DSCN0323

All that’s left is to sew down the binding, and then clean up all the lint on that black LOL.

So I’m quite happy with this progress right now.  And in a few days, I’ll share my April start.  So good to be back on track!

And life is kind of back to normal.  Baby Gracie is still hanging in there; she’s 32 weeks now and can technically arrive any time safely, but we’d be happy for her to wait another month or so and gain some weight.  Her mama is still on restricted activity, but out of bed and doing fine.  The other grandma and I have almost finished up the baby room sewing, and I have a couple other projects to work on over the next few weeks.

Grandchild #2, Peanut, is 13 weeks now and Mama is starting to feel a little better.  We got the US picture last week, and all looks good:

1549499_10152761410363266_1799264925_n

And there are lots of plans for sewing projects for this little one, to keep me busy over the summer.

Grizz and I have been doing some around-the-house work, in preparation for his second knee surgery and then restricted activity for a while.  Surgery is scheduled for Friday, and we’re feeling confident that he’ll go through this one as well as he did the last one.  So the yard is cleaned up, the windows are washed, the appliances have been pulled out and cleaned behind.  And the sun is shining!  What more could we want?

Happy blessings!                         Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment