Saturday, April 5, 2014

Wednesday’s Words and Hodgepodge

Wednesday again – Hump Day, especially for those who work Monday to Friday – and time once again to pause mid-week and share a few thoughts.  If you want to read others’ midweek thoughts, please click on the icon on my side-bar.

1. Are you settling for something?

Is it settling if you’ve adjusted and accepted the way things are?  If so, then I guess I’m settling.  We’ve been trying to sell our house for the last while, and for some reason it’s just not moving.  When we moved here, it was with the intent that it would be just until I finished working, and then we’d move out of the valley to a quieter life-style.  Over the years, two of our children moved to Alberta, and as we visited them, we fell in love with much of what Alberta has to offer.  I ‘retired’ 5 years ago, finished working 1 1/2 years ago – we’re still here!  We’re not sure why, we believe that God has a plan, just wishing we knew what it was.  But no matter what, we’re happy, healthy, having a good time in retirement.  So yes, settled – at least for now!  LOL

2.  It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?

I remember the days when we didn’t shop on Thanksgiving (in Canada a whole month earlier than the US), or on Easter, or on Christmas Day, or even on Sundays.  These were days to worship, to spend with family, to rest and relax.  Now……the world has changed!  But I still don’t shop on Thanksgiving or Easter or Christmas – or Black Friday, or Boxing Day or any other of the crazy sale days that happen out there.  Crowds and traffic and fighting through them all only to be disappointed in the sale offerings is just not for me.

3. Speaking of shopping...I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?

Never been to any of them – yet – but have always dreamed of shopping in New York.  Not sure why, because I really don’t like to shop, and really don’t like crowds, but it’s on the bucket list!  Maybe someday!

4. When did you last dine by candlelight?

Whoooo…..can’t even remember.  I often light candles at the dinner table when we have company, or for a special dinner at home with Grizz, but the times in our youth when I turned down (or off) the lights to enjoy the candles, I only heard about how we couldn’t see what we were eating.  So the lights stay on, even when the candles are lit!

5. What do you have too much of?

Is it ever possible to have too much of something???  Well, actually, I do have to have too much fat on my body, but then that’s because I enjoy all the other things of which maybe I have too much.

6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you see the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire?

Haven’t even tried any of them, although Grizz and some of our kids have thoroughly enjoyed them.  But then they just tell me that I wouldn’t like them, so I just ignore them.  Jennifer Chiaverini is much more my style.

7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what..especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!) then still tell us your plans for Thursday.

As Thanksgiving Day in Canada is long past, I can only share what we did – a totally unusual TDay for us, as Grizz was just a few weeks past knee surgery, and we felt it would be more than he could handle to either have the whole gang in or to go out for the day.  We had a quiet dinner one evening with our DS2 and DDIL1, then another afternoon Grizz’s sister and husband came by for a visit.  Quiet, but nice – and a good decision, as Grizz really was still tiring quite quickly and experiencing a lot of pain at that time.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This past week, I’ve spent a lot of time blog-hopping (Blogathon Canada and Quilting Blogger Blog Hop Party).  Lots of fun, lots of new blogger-friends.  And an added bonus – I’ve achieved a minor milestone of 150 (official) followers.  So happy to have followers, so happy to hear from them, so happy to be making new friends.  Welcome aboard all!

Happy blogging!              Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment