Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Camp Cook

When we’re at home, Grizz does almost all of the cooking.  It’s a hobby for him, and he’s a much better cook than I am.  And it frees me up to do the things I like to do like – quilt, of course!

But on the road, I do more of the cooking, not sure why, but that just seems to be the way it works out.  This week, I was reading a novel, and a character was looking for something to make for lunch and put together things that he found in his fridge.  But it sounded so yummy I just had to try it.  And – for those of you that know me well and know that I’m generally tied to following a recipe – I even made a few adjustments, based on what was in our fridge.

I started with sauté-ing some mushrooms and set them aside002

Then on to frying up some onions and peppers001

Add a few bits of left over bacon003

In the meantime, I whipped some eggs with cream cheese, added salt and pepper, and into the pan they went along with the mushrooms and some olives and cook it all up

004

Plate it with some cold pea salad, and a slice of bread005

And voila – a simple camping style meal.  Albeit on the stove in our RV and not on a campfire the way real campers would do, but it WAS delicious!

Happy camp cooking!                 Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment