Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Monday’s ‘Musement

As a quilter, I love the craft, but as much as the craft, I love to share it with others – making things that they can use, that will hopefully bring a little cheer into their lives.

I often wonder, no matter what people say, how such gifts are received.  I know my taste isn’t necessarily their taste, that the things I would treasure won’t necessarily be treasured or even used by the recipient.

But make them I must – if for no other reason than that the design or pattern just calls out to me to be made.  So my latest philosophy is – once given, I no longer have ownership.  I’ve done what I thought I should and wanted to do, made and presented a gift, it now belongs to the giftee and it’s his or hers to do with as he or she will.

I must say, though, I don’t think I’d quilt a prom dress!!!!

Happy gifting!                    Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment