Thursday, May 22, 2014

Monday’s ‘Musement

 

What do you do when the more you try to straighten things out the more you need to straighten things out!

Grizz would be the first one to tell you that I have a touch of OCD.  I like things neat and tidy and in their place.  Years ago, we built a dog run, and put a dog house in it.  We laid down the paving stones, got them squarely in place, set the dog house on top of them in a temporary spot while we put the fencing around, got everything done cleaned up all the tools and debris, and moved the dog house into one corner.  I looked back at it with great satisfaction…..until I noticed the dog house wasn’t squared up with the fence!!  Just had to go back and make it square!

The last couple of days, I’ve been cleaning out kitchen cupboards – the more I tidy, the more I tidy.  It seems to be a never-ending cycle.  But I move one thing, and ten other things have to be moved to accommodate.  Eventually I just have to force myself to stop – enough already!

In relationships, too, I like things all in a row, neat and tidy, and just the way I expect them.  No surprises!

Wouldn’t it be nice if life was like that – we could put things in place, the right place, and they’d stay there, we could know exactly how everybody is going to act and react and be prepared for whatever is going to happen!  Much as we can never make a picture of the Leaning Tower be straight in all ways, we can never have a pathway in life that’s perfectly straight.

That’s why we need faith – faith in ourselves, in each other, in God who will see us through the tough times, the crooked paths, the messes. 

Wishing you all a faith that will see you through!   Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment