Monday, April 21, 2014

What you can do when I am sick

What do you say when someone tells you they are dealing with a chronic illness? Well most say, "let me know if there is anything I can do" It's a common kind/or curtsey thing to say to some one who is sick, and as the one with a chronic disorder I never know what to say for you to do. Its not that I don't ask cause I don't need your support, cause I desperately do. 

Mostly I feel like that is the hugest thing I need in my life these days as things have gotten a lot harder and more painful. It could be cause the newest wonder drug is not only not working but is hurting me, yet it's so strong that I can't just stop taking it. I have to wait till the doctors appointment tuesday to see what he thinks. Speaking of my doctor, I just noticed before I went to bed that I missed his offices call yesterday which is odd cause thats awfully soon after my tests to call. Then this morning they called again to go over results of the tests, I wish they would tell me over the phone but no I have to wait till tuesday at 2:30 to hear. Thats 5 and 1/2 days of not knowing, of wondering, of hoping for something to be found or rather for a simple end to all this. But thats to much to ask for I know so I just pray its something that can be fixed. 

Anywho, I was saying about support and what a huge help it is, it's amazing really how even the smallest note, or unexpected gesture can mean the HUGEST thing in the world to someone who deals with chronic pain and multiple other disorders. Yet, I never want to ask, for someone to bring me soup or that I need a cheering up, cause I feel so weird asking for anything, so I thought of something that may be extremely supportive and easy as pie to do. It wasn't actually my idea I admit, it was an idea that the people at DearThyroid suggested to do. 

So here it is support in the form of a sign up sheet, you can pick a date, and send an email, or card, or care package (can ask for address) or whatever you would want to do to show your support! Genius I think! So here is the answer to everyone's "let me know if theres anything I can do" This is what you can do, or rather what I would really appreciate.  

To sign up, go to:
www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0A48ADA923AA8-mydayto

No comments:

Post a Comment