Saturday, February 22, 2014

Monday’s ‘Musement

I laughed so hard I cried!

Could YOU fill in this map?

Erm, sooo, yeah. We really wish we could tell you this is the worst attempt. It's not even close.

Follow this link to see what (some) British people think the names, and placements, of the United States are:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/its-thanksgiving-so-we-asked-some-brits-to-label-the-us-stat

This is hilarious!  And, BTW, on this map, California and Texas are correct.

I do have to admit that I’m not 100% sure of the exact placement of some of the eastern and southern states, but I do have some idea, and I do know the names of all 50 states.  But, while I’m admitting this, I have to say that I really think I’d fail, and just as sadly as some of these, if I was asked to fill in the European countries on a blank map.  I wonder what this says about our education of places beyond our own borders and/or just plain awareness as adults of the world beyond our own borders.  Could I name the Asian countries?  Do I know, with any certainty, the names and placements of many of the south Atlantic countries?  It’s worth thinking about!

And, just to help you all out, I’ll give you the (correct) answers to this map tomorrow.

Happy knowledge!             Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment