Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snufflufagous

A few weeks ago we came home to see a small sleeping stray cat on our porch. She was curled up in a shivering little ball on our wicker chair, burrowed in to the brown cushion, and opened her little eyes wide with fear as she saw us come over to her. I couldn't help but feel bad, I love animals sand have missed living with a pet, so we gave her a bit of milk, water, food, tucked in a body pillow around the inside of the chair and left her to sleep. In the morning I was sad because she wasn't there but the cat came back the  very next day she just couldn't stay away :) and so we taught her to jump through the shower window and  put the body pillow into the bath tub for her to sleep on as she was wet, sick, and coughing. We let the SPCA know that we had found her and sent in a picture, yet no one has claimed her. So slowly, we've been nursing her back to health, I've mixed honey into her water to help her throat as she has a terrible cough and sniffles, and my husband bought her cat food. She now lays on the bed sleeping most of the day or plays with two other stray cats that I'm still trying to coax. We'e named her Snufflufagous because she sniffles n sniffles n sniffles lol or snuff for short. Most of the day I'm sick in bed and lately I've had a sinus infection so it's been really positive for me to have her laying in bed with me.




When I'm home alone so much I feel so lonely, yet Snufflufagous is like a little blessing God dropped of on my porch. She goes in n out when she wants, but mostly stays on the bed with me, or watches me cook dinner with big curious eyes. She's quite the observer, when I do yoga and exercise she sits by my mat watching intently sometimes coming closure to get pet. As I do wash loads she looks at the washer like its alive and it's her job to figure out what this new creature is doing. Then she moves from room to room at my heals watching as chores get done. I love having her here as theres something very therapeutic     about a pet being with you, especially as you go through up's and down's of a disorder you can't control.
~ElysiaB


http://www.etsy.com/shop/avi2727

No comments:

Post a Comment