Friday, February 21, 2014

What a Wonderful Fall Day


Sometimes I just can't get up out of bed. I wake up and it feels like I havent slept a wink, then as I get out of bed the pain wakes with me and I'm sore from head to toe, my back has electric shock like pains running up the shoulder blades but today I have to get up. I had an Addictions Counseling Course Midterm and so I push my body to put clothes on, to take my synthroid for my Hashimoto's, then eat breakfast, then take ciprelex for the fibromyalgia, and antibiotics for a UTI and then I slowly get my bags and go to class. On the way there I grab a coffee at Timmy's cause I'm so tired I don't know how I'm going to write an exam. As I drive the rest of the way to the College I thank God for coffee and Tim Hortons :) My College has a really steep winding hill to go up to get to the buildings and on my way up i see a dark thing in a 100 yards from my car as I get closer, this little deer head with big ears and big eyes  pops up as he chews grass, and I smile because he was just so cute!



 As I get in the classroom I see that for once I am not late, I am greeted by faces I don't recognize turn to look at me. The faces belong to peers who I do not know because I barely attend classes as I get sick quite often and end up in bed in pain. Today I don't look away, or at the ground, because Today I got out of bed, and left the house, and saw an adorable deer and heck the traffic was even easy to weave through! I sit down and  the midterm is handed out. It takes me an half hour to write and I walk out certain that my hard studies paid off! I feel ten feet high cause not only did I get out of bed but I'm pretty certain I aced a very important test! What amazing things happen when I get out of bed! as I drive home I smile as I see the colorful fall leaves and feel accomplished, like all those late nights and weeks of studying has paid off. So Today, inspite of the pain I feel great because I made it out of bed and it was worth it! 

photo.JPG

Oh Lord, How WONDERFUL you are! I am so thankful that I am able to push hard through courses because my Dearest Thyroid, you've got nothing on me or how persistent I am! Oh Yes, it's true you've slowed me down. Like a toddler dragging their little feet on the ground trying to resist an older sibling pulling them along. Yes, I can feel your weight on me Dearest Thyroid. Some days you may keep me in bed, but then I will just accept it and work harder from there. It's true, it may take me a year longer to get a 4 year degree than most students but I will get there! Dear Thyroid, old buddy, old pal, there's always hope for you to miraculously resolve yourself, i'd appreciate that, I pray for it. But since that won't be happening any time soon, you can feel better about yourself knowing it's not all your fault that I'm like this. The Doctor says, I have another autoimmune disorder. I wonder which one, and how long it'll take to diagnose this time.  
So, Who's your friend Dearest Thyroid? Does he start with an L-and-have-oooo-and-end--in-a-Pus? Blood tests say No, but we both know what a shaddy monster he can be to track down. You'd have a better time finding a needle in a hay stack! But since your hiding your friend, whom ever it is. Since we've become close I thought I should tell you, just you know, for your own good: I think he's a BAAAADD influence on you! He will only bring you down...misery loves company...and just if your wondering you should really stop hanging out.
~ElysiaB    
Question of The Day 
Here is a one answer below that I picked as my favourite comment from last posts question: Whats your most awkward exam writing experience? 
BY Gil Nambatac who wrote,"It was during our Math 31 midterm exam when I forgot to bring a calculator with me. Unfortunately, before the exam started, I haven't borrowed any for my friends (I,too, forgot that they are also having the same exam as mine.) Well, poor for me but I still have the guts on taking the exam. Luckily, I still passed it... :D" 
Wow Gil, that would be so hard, but Props to you for doing it anyway!!! That's pretty amazing! Theres no way I could do math without a calculator, iphone for some reason math just boggles my mind! 
The New Question Of The Day: What's the most amazing Halloween Costume you've seen?
Please Comment below and my favourite will again be featured on in the next blog post :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment