Saturday, March 15, 2014

homemade storage space

So we live in this tiny little basement suite that barely fits our stuff in it, it's laughable actually. Any who so I decided to make my own storage. Now we can't afford to go buy storage bins or any of those clever hid-a-way stuff, but I had some nails, a hammer and a bag collection.

Our closet is more of a weird hallway, theres an awkward door that opens into the entry way of the suite and the actual closet is opposite this empty wall, yet it made for a good empty usable space. So (1)  I nailed a few nails in as a top row and then (2) I hung a bag on the first nail in the top row, to measure how much space to leave before the next row of nails. (3) Once all the nails were in position I went and gathered the electrical cords, computer speakers, and any other electrical loose ends and put them in a bag, and hung it on the wall. I did this with all the small stuff cluttering up valuable cupboard space such as art supplies, nail polish, light bulbs, and linens we only use on special occasions. Afterward I rearranged a few things and my cupboards became a lot more functional and efficient.






No comments:

Post a Comment