Friday, March 28, 2014

Wednesday Words and Hodgepodge

Here it is Wednesday again.  Busy week, getting that quilt together, after suffering quilter’s block (more on that later).  If you want to read more Hodgepodge, follow the link on my sidebar.

1. What's something you're dealing with that might be described as tricky?

Tricky, huh?  Well, a quilt pattern that I’ve designed, and want to get done up to show you all – it’ll get there someday, making progress regularly.

2. What's your treat of choice?

Chocolate, always chocolate – in any form, in any amount!

3. Did you/will you carve a jack-o-lantern this month? Which real (living or dead) or fictional 'Jack' would you most like to meet in person? Why?

No pumpkin carving in this house any more.  As for a ‘Jack’ that I’d like to meet – how about Jack Klugman, always loved his acting.

4. In your opinion, what's the grossest sounding word in the English language?

‘Cackle’ comes to mind – just think of those witches hovering over those cauldrons, with who-knows-what in them!!  LOL!

5. When did your heart last skip a beat?

Happens every time my husband kisses me ‘that way’ .  Actually makes my heart skip just thinking about it!

6.  Monster Mash by Bobby 'Boris' Pickett, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon or Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters...your favorite 'scary' tune?

Don’t pay a lot of attention to ‘tunes’, but what comes to mind is The Twilight Zone – noo noo noo noo.  Oh, man, now it’s going to be in my head all day!

7.  It was a dark and stormy night when__________________________

Drawing a blank on this one!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Was all ready to show you the quilt top, sans borders, but when I looked at the picture, I saw a glaring mistake that I just can’t live with.  So today will be a frogging day – then when it’s back together correctly, and I have the borders on, I’ll show you.

In the meantime – here’s a picture of the dogwood tree in our back yard – glorious:

002

Have I said before how much I like fall colors?!?  Years ago, there was a Colors movement in fashion, and people held home parties just to discover what color-way suited them best.  Well, I’m a ‘fall’ person, but then just look at the color choices in my wardrobe, and one needs no checking of the wrist, draping of the scarves, or testing of the cosmetics to know that (about me at least).  Apparently, though, black is a color (or non-color) that I should never wear, but sometimes, there’s nothing for it but that ‘little black dress’.

Happy fall!                  Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment